This week's meeting was really good. Next week we are having some friends from Sweden come to the group. Two of them are really prophetic (Acts 2:17-18) so, we have an evening of prophecy & prayer planned.
So, this week in order to prepare for this, I did some basic teaching about the Holy Spirit gift of prophecy and about Godly prophets. Then, we had a prophetic workshop.
As far as I can see from the gospels, Jesus had a simple model by which he trained people;
1 - He taught something
2 - He then did it, whilst others watched
3 - Others then did it, whilst He watched
4 - Then the others went off and did it without Him. (Luke 10:1 & 17)
On occasions, steps 1 & 2 were reversed. Sometimes Jesus did something and then explained it but, the general principle applies.
Reading the book of Acts and seeing how the church grew, I would suggest that, it is not unreasonable to assume that the 'others' must have then applied the same principle to more 'others'.
Back to this evening. There are various prophetic 'exercises' I have come across over the years. One of the simplest and least threatening for 'beginners' is, to use a collection of (house hold) items, and use them to assist prophecy. God spoke to Jeremiah as he watched someone making a clay pot (Jer.18). In Acts 21:10-11 Agabus used a belt to illustrate prophetically that Paul would be 'bound' (arrested) and handed over to the gentiles.
Following the teaching, I then 'demonstrated' the point, asking each young person who wanted (they all wanted) to come out front one by one. Then, after briefly waiting on the Holy Spirit I then selected the item(s) He highlighted, then shared with each person what I felt that the Holy Spirit was saying.
Then, we got into pairs, and each then did the same to the other. Then, one by one, each shared with the larger group, what they felt that they had got from the Holy Spirit, and we all 'tested' the word (1.Thes.5:21, 1.Jn.4:1).
As we got about half way through the 'exercise' I suddenly realised that two of the young people weren't even born again. I was wondering if / how to stop the exercise before we reached the two who were not born again.
But, then I was reminded of Balaam (Nu.22 & 23) where he could only bless, and not curse by the Spirit of God. Both the non believers in the group had 'words', both 'judged' to be good, and were well received. A great evening, and good ground work for next week's prophetic time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment